You could say I’ve been a bit slack on the outfit front recently! It’s always easier to wear cute outfits and get a few photos when the weather is nice, and Glasgow has had an actual heatwave this week.
I wouldn’t usually be able to wear such a summery getup at home, and in a way it felt kind of weird strolling about the Southside in a straw hat and tshirt. I didn’t even take a jacket “just incase” – something I usually have much anxiety over!
Anyway, to celebrate this slice of summer, here’s a few good things that are happening over my way at the moment! Feel free to share some of your own in the comments, I adore reading them.
01. We’re off to Ibiza tomorrow, which is about the same temperature as Glasgow! I’ve had a few people say “you may as well stay home!” but I feel like Ibiza will have a bit of a different vibe to here – something tells me the beaches are better anyway.
I’ve had a bit of a crazy few weeks (months?!) and I’ve managed to finish up most of my projects so I can actually do a bit of relaxing on this trip. It feels like an actual holiday rather than work, and I can’t wait to eat and drink and swim! Any recommendations? Send ’em my way.
02. I started work on a very exciting new project this week, something that came my way without me ever really considering it. I think that’s my favourite thing about my job, you never know what’s around the corner! An email can ping in about an exciting trip or a big campaign, or even just a lovely letter from a reader that I want to cherish forever – it’s a career of expecting the unexpected! (I promise to share more details when I can.)
03. I mentioned a while ago that I was having technical issues with my blog, which meant my posts weren’t being seen. At the time I just felt so disheartened and it stopped me from posting, which was so hard because I’d always considering my blog my favourite platform!
Anyway, I’ve managed to fix the issues and I seem to have got my blogging motivation back! I can’t tell you how good that feels, it’s like a whole new lease of life.
I’ve got some fun posts lined up, and I love the direction this blog is heading in. It seems more me somehow; more personal and fun! I hope you’re still enjoying reading everything I post.
04. I’ve been feeling at a loss with my fitness routine lately, mainly because I don’t have one! I’ve been going to the same personal trainer for the last two years, and she has always been so much more to me than just a PT… like a life coach and therapist and friend all in one!
She left my gym a couple of months ago and I’ve been out of sorts ever since. The new gym she’s at is a bit of a trek from me (whereas my gym is a short walk away) and I haven’t been able to make it over to train with her, and there’s no one else I’ve found that is as awesome as she is!
I was going to the gym pretty much solidly that whole time, so being out of my routine has really knocked me for six! Not just in feeling a little softer, but it’s played a part in my overall mental health and wellbeing too – it’s weird how much better you feel when you’re regularly working out!
I’m still not sure what I’m going to do, but I’m in desperate need of having some regular intense exercise in my life – this is my number one priority to sort out when I get home from Ibiza. I’ll keep you posted on this one…
05. Yesterday we left tropical Glasgow for a slightly cooler Edinburgh to see Ben Howard at the Playhouse. Jordan’s been a fan of his music for years, and I’ve always appreciated it but I’ve never been a fan as such. Of course, seeing him live totally changed that. I want to listen to his albums all the way through over and over again!
We have quite a good summer of gigs coming up; we’re seeing my favourite band The Killers next weekend at TRNSMT festival here in the city, which will be incredible of course. The lineup for the day is amazing – CHVRCHES, Jessie Ware and Friendly Fires are also playing, and I think there’s still a good amount of tickets left.
We also have Kings of Leon later this summer, which will be a hoot – I wasn’t really a fan until their last album and now I’m crazy about them!
I love festivals when it’s sunny and you can go home to your own bed at night…
That’s about it from me, I hope you guys enjoyed this little roundup! What good things are going on with you at the moment?