I’ll save my usual “how is it April already?” opener, because that’s a given. I feel like I sleep through entire months sometimes, it’s crazy!
Anyway, April! I love this time of year because summer is so close, and I usually start to make plans and have a lot more going on – so if the weather could just play ball, that’d be great…
01. First up, I’m planning a huge makeup overhaul today! I made a Net-A-Porter beauty order last night and I really want to sit down and go through all my makeup and have a reshuffle for spring.
I’ve noticed I never really wear lipstick anymore and I think it’s because all my lipsticks are full-on matte finishes, and I’m definitely more about the sheer and glossy lips these days!
I’m going to have a restock of pretty glosses, so if you can recommend any, go right ahead. I’m really in to gold shadows, pink cheeks and lips at the moment – so perfect with a tan!
02. After the laziest of weekends, I’m ready for a busy month! I had a quick glance of my calendar there and it seems I have a lot on this month! I’m off to Paris again with a beauty brand, although it’s been forever since I was there last.
I also have my friends hen do, which will be WILD, so I’m counting down the days until that. It’s taken me a while to get back to feeling myself after our New Zealand trip, so it feels refreshing to have some fun plans lined up.
03. I need some sun again, you guys. I wasn’t made for Scottish winters, especially as it’s meant to snow again tonight and tomorrow. I AM DONE.
I keep checking flights to Europe to see where I can go that offers a quick dose of sun, and it’s looking a bit grim. This time last year we’d just arrived back from our favourite trip ever to Tulum, so I’m feeling the need to run away again!
04. I’m hosting my first Glasgow event towards the end of the month, with one of my favourite brands! I’ll have more details when it’s a bit more set in stone, but if you’re a Glasgow gal, you’re going to want to know about this!
05. I got back in to vlogging over on my YouTube channel again recently and it’s definitely something I want to keep up. I think what stopped me before was that I felt like I had to over-edit them and keep them quite polished, but I actually prefer them looking a bit more thrown together and real. What are your thoughts on this? Editing is my least favourite part so any excuse to do less!
So much going on! What have you got planned for the month ahead?