Spring has sprung!
So, apparently Spring has arrived. I haven’t seen much of it yet, but I’m hopeful. The clocks going forward has definitely helped to convince me that warmer weather is on its way, but the sub zero temperatures and the fact that I’m STILL WEARING MY WINTER COAT THAT RESEMBLES A DUVET means I have trust issues with the weather.
I’ve been over winter for a while now (I think since Christmas??), and counting down to warmer temps has kept me going! Seriously, if it snows again, I’m moving to South America.
This outfit is a little somethin’ I threw together to shoot with my fave girls at Rock N Rose in Yarm last month – it was FREEZING. But you know what they say (no one says this) ‘dress for the weather you want, not the weather you have’.
I paired my favourite gold Bella Freud jumper with this blue cord skirt and I loved how the colours came together, especially with one of the beautiful new Rock N Rose basket bags which we were shooting. I adore simple outfits like this when the weather is nice, so easy to throw on for a super casual ensemble.
All I needed was a pair of pink velvet mules and all. the. gold. jewels. Very spring-ready!
01. Longer days! At the height of winter, it gets light in Scotland for about three hours (if at all!), so to say I’m ready for extra hours of sunlight is an understatement. Waking up at 6am to walk to the gym in the dark, then do an hours workout only to come out of the gym to it still being pitch black outside is soul destroying! This morning I woke up to glorious sunshine at 7am, and I was elated. I was eager to get out of bed and start my day, I was instantly in a good mood and I looked forward to starting my day – despite it being Monday.
I want to finish work and still have a few hours of light outside, to go for a wander or make plans without wanting to collapse on the sofa at 4pm because it feels like midnight!
02. A whole new wardrobe. I’m in that annoying inbetween stage right now where I can’t stand wearing jeans, but it’s not quite time for midi skirts with bare legs… it’s a nightmare! I dread getting dressed.
The new season bits are starting to dominate my favourite stores and I’m making mental notes on my favourite trends. I’m loving midi wrap dresses, lots of colour, basket bags and sliders… come on Spring, give us some lovely weather!
03. Eating better. I’ve finally stopped craving stodge every night and we’ve been eating more veggies, salads, and light bites and IT FEELS DIVINE. I just give up on eating good in winter and I end up feeling absolutely rubbish – my skin breaks out, my clothes don’t fit as well and I feel like a potato. As soon as the days are brighter, my whole vibe shifts and I want colourful meals packed full of health!!!! This morning I started my day by chugging a PINT of water (followed by a coffee, but y’know… balance and all that). I’ve changed, you guys.
04. Holiday planning. I’ve been thinking about lining up a summer holiday (or two…) so I have something to look forward to, and I’m already about to wee with excitement. All I want right now is a lazy beach holiday with a focus on dreamy views, cocktails, a beautiful pool and late night dinners and drinks with my favourite people. Isn’t this the dream?? Now, to squabble over dates and locations in the group chat…
05. Getting more done. I’ve been feeling rubbish lately, I think it’s a combination of being home from New Zealand, jetlag and hormones but I just haven’t felt like myself. I haven’t wanted to film or blog, I haven’t picked up my camera all week and I feel behind in all areas of my life.
One morning of sunshine and I feel like a new person; there’s good light for blog photos, I want to start weekly vlogging again, I started writing a blog post, I planned to film an apartment tour… it feels amazing to feel inspired again. It’s amazing what a bit of light will do for my mood!
It’s definitely my time to shine! I kind of come alive in the warmer seasons, and I’m ready to feel like myself again.
I hope you enjoyed this oh so positive roundup, and you’re not overly romanticising a season just like I am!
What do you think of this look?