Looking back on February…
I read something recently about how we should celebrate our small victories in order to appreciate the bigger achievements – a sentiment that totally spoke to me. I’m one of those people who is motivated by milestones, no matter how tiny they may seem, and I love getting reflective – it keeps me on track in the long-run!
February totally flew by for me, which I suppose is to be expected since it is the shortest month. It’s been a fun month all in all, mostly uneventful but in a good way – easy and breezy for the most part!
01. A spring update is in progress in our flat and I’m so relieved to see some of the more tedious jobs being ticked off. It’s been quite stressful having our home in a state of disarray but it’s got to be done, and Jordan and I are both feeling so much happier now the main rooms have a fresh lick of paint. We’ve managed to declutter and find homes for things, and I think we both feel a lot clearer-headed for it. Of course, I’ve covered every surface with fresh flowers in a bid to make it seem like spring is on the horizon but I’m deffo kidding myself. IT’S FREEZING.
02. I’ve been getting back in to my fitness lately after a bit of a winter lull and I feel incredible for it – I know I’ll never truly be one of those people who lives for the gym (or in the gym) but I’m doing my best to live a healthier life, and it seems to be doing the trick. I’ve been sleeping better, I have more of a routine and I’m happier too, I’ve even got used to the early morning walk there!
I can’t express how good it feels to have a personal trainer, I don’t think I’d go to the gym if I didn’t have someone motivating me – I really recommend doing even just one session a week with a PT if you’re thinking about getting into fitness, it’s really worked for me.
On my wishlist right now…
03. I always thought I’d want to work from home forever, but lately I’ve been feeling so fed up of working alone and spending all my time at home. When I took on my assistant, Shauna, I thought working with someone would help, but then when we were doing work to our flat I started working in her office space and I haven’t looked back!
I love the set hours, walking to work, taking an actual lunch break that isn’t at my desk, and most of all I love coming home. I always said that I wanted to create a place that I wanted to come home to, but that didn’t work since I wasn’t ever leaving! Now when I get home in the evenings I feel so happy to be back. Plus, there’s no temptation to be sacking off work to watch Netflix so we’re always flying through our to-do lists!
04. I feel like the year is already off to a good start, I said it had been a slow and steady beginning which is usually the case for me – January is always a quiet month but I relish that time because I feel like I can really get my shit together.
I sorted a lot of boring business stuff, found my groove with work and having an assistant, and just generally sorted out my life! Now that that’s all taken care of, I’ve been able to throw myself in to work and it feels like everything has fallen in to place.
Sometimes it annoys me that I constantly have my fingers in several proverbial pies because it never feels like anything is getting done, but then everything sort of comes together and it makes it feel worth it!
05. The only thing I’m not really feeling very certain of at the moment is my wardrobe. I’m so over winter and it’s taking a bit of a toll on how I feel about myself in general. I’ve worn jeans, big jumpers and Dr Martens for the last couple of months – an outfit that I never look or feel very good in, but it’s too cold to wear anything else!
I know I’ll feel a lot better when spring rolls around so I’m holding out hope for that, and just trying to forget about it until then. I want to be back in midi dresses and basket bags and sandals and bare legs and little jackets… hopefully it won’t be long until I feel like myself again. I feel so uninspired by winter trends by now!
Not a bad month all in all, although I cannot believe we’re almost through the second month of the year! How is everyone else feeling about the start of 2019?