Oh June, what a month!
This month’s goals post is a bit late because I decided to put my wedding photos up on the 1st of the month, and then life just got away with me! Better late than never though, right?
I have a busy day today packing for a trip to Italy and getting my kitchen tour video ready, so I’m up early to get through my list of tasks. It made sense to run through my month ahead with you all too…
01. This month got off to a good start as I was in LA with my Jo Malone favourites, only just making it home in time for my first wedding anniversary celebrations! I can’t believe I’ve been married a year, it went very, very quick.
We had dinner at a restaurant here in Glasgow and then went for drinks and swapped pressies for the first year theme of ‘paper’. Jordan’s gift was, as ever, very thoughtful – a big bouquet of peonies (wrapped in paper!), a handwritten letter and paper cups, champagne and a cinema card to mark our first ever date where we drank rosé out of paper cups to a film I don’t even remember!
I got him a book of poems by Scott Hutchison of Frightened Rabbit, not exactly romantic but I knew he’d love them! One of us is definitely more romantic than the other…
02. This is another busy travel month for me, although I think things are starting to slow down a wee bit. I’ve been pretty nonstop this year but it’s been good for me, I might even get a post together on this because I feel like a different person to who I was even a few months ago.
Anyway, I’m sure there’ll be lots of fun updates coming your way – I’ve been good at documenting my trips lately actually! I hope you’ve been enjoying it all.
03. It’s also Jordan’s birthday this month which means I have a bit of organising to do, as I always take charge of plans and presents. He’s taking a few days off so we can hang out in Edinburgh, and I managed to get him tickets to see Ben Howard which will be lovely.
Any recommendations, send ’em my way – my visits to the capital are always so quick, I can’t wait to spend more than an evening there!
04. I’ve been on honeymoon Bali prep this week and managed to finally book a couple of places to stay! I said before that I was overwhelmed with planning this trip because it’s a special one, and there seems to be SO MUCH INFORMATION out there on places in Bali. Anyway, I’ve managed to do the bulk of it and now I’m feeling better.
It’s also got me in the mood for booking a lazy summer holiday, I haven’t had a proper do-nothing beach holiday in years! I really need sun and a few days off emails, but I don’t want to spend a lot since we have our Bali trip… but I’m not a fan of a busy resort – the hunt continues! Where’s everyone off to this summer? Send me inspo!
05. I said on my Instagram stories this week that I was hoping to feature some other homes on my blog, I love interiors but I don’t change my home all the time, and the Glasgow flats here are just incredible!
I think I’ll try and do a ‘Tenement Tours’ series where I give you a look around real homes, I’ve been thinking about it for a while but I wanted to see if there was any interest and I wanted to wait until I had some time to give. Hopefully I’ll be able to get something together over the coming months!
What’s new with you guys? Have you got any exciting plans this month?