Fun fact: when I was getting ready to write up this post, I titled it ‘July Goals’ so that’s where I’m at at the moment. Two months behind.
Anyway, I’ve quite the scoop for you all this month. Are you ready to read my life story? Good.
01. So this summer, the craziest thing happened. I signed to Storm Vision! Eep. I’ve been feeling a bit overwhelmed with work as I’ve always done everything by myself – from planning to emails and contracts, writing, editing, invoicing and all the other fun behind the scenes stuff, I often felt that I spread myself so thin. It didn’t leave much time for actually blogging/vlogging either, so I hope that handing over some of the admin work will really help me to concentrate on the good stuff.
This won’t change much for you guys – except hopefully my content will improve – but I thought I’d fill you all in on my good news anyway!
02. I’ve been feeling a bit blah lately, my skin isn’t great and my hormones are just plain CRAZY. I’ve always struggled with my hormones, I feel like I get three bad weeks and one okay week out of the month – with anxiety, mood swings and acne looming over me. Like, not even chocolate can help me.
My periods are also seriously debilitating (TMI soz huns), which isn’t ideal if I’ve committed to trips and deadlines!
I’ve decided to go back on the pill to help even things out, although in the past it’s given me moderate depression so it’s not a decision I’ve taken lightly!
I’ve opted for a low-dose pill this time so here’s hoping it will help me to feel a little more normal. I never really speak about this sort of thing, and I guess I share a very polished version of my life but I definitely have days where my mood gets the best of me!
I’m actually thinking of keeping a journal over the next few months so I can be more aware of myself, so I’ll keep you posted on that and whether it’s working any magic.
I feel like I have a lot more to say on this topic so I’ll see if I can film a life/confidence/post-roaccutane update this weekend for you all!
03. This month is the first month we’ve made some actual progress towards the coffee shop! This has been Jordan’s dream for a while now but it’s one looong process. I’m doing bits here and there (like buying a second-hand mint Smeg after a few drinks, thanks Gumtree) but I’m leaving most of it up to Jordie because it’s his baby.
Hopefully we’ll have some more news for you in a couple of months, but all I’m saying is… I’m doing the interiors and it’s going to be GORGE. You will deeeefinitely want to come and Instagram it, so get a trip to Glasgow booked pronto.
04. Our big US trip is coming up this month, I booked this as a surprise for Jordan’s 30th (wow) so long ago – I think even before we eloped and had to go to New Zealand (and LA!), so now I’m feeling a little… oh, am I ready to leave the country again?
I’ve done SO many long-haul trips this year (including New Zealand twice!) but we’re thinking of this one as research for the shop – we’re going to San Francisco, Vegas, Portland and Seattle and the last two are well known for their love of coffee.
It’ll also be our last big trip together for a while if the coffee shop takes off, so although I’m a bit stressed about going away again, I think I’ll love every minute of it.
05. My only other exciting trip this month is with Jo Malone, which involves a helicopter. I’ve never been in a helicopter before. My mum tells me that I got the chance when I was little because someone landed in our garden on the farm in New Zealand but I was too busy running around naked. Interesting.
Anyway, I’m sure you’ll see all the photos from that over on Instagram – and I’ll hopefully be back in my vlogging zone by then too!
Quite the month for me! What’s new with you guys?
Embroidery hoop by Sew and Saunders.