Spring has definitely sprung… in my mind. I’m just so excited for lighter evenings and longer days and spring blooms and warmer weather!
I’ve got quite a lot on this month and I’m determined to make the most of these plans, so let me fill you in on what I’m aiming to get ticked off in April.
01. The month started well as Jordan and I took a trip up north to Glencoe and the Highlands with Sara and Phil. I found Phil through Pinterest after seeing his wedding photography and thought to myself “I gotta book this dude!”. I browsed his blog and found a tour schedule to check if he was going to be in our wedding destination on the off-chance… it didn’t look like it, but I scanned the whole list and I saw that he was coming to teach in Glasgow! What are the chances! (He’s based in Portland, so we got lucky!)
I got in touch and he said he could do our engagement photos AND he had nothing planned for our wedding so we booked him up for that too. It was all falling in to place.
I’ll do a whole post on the trip and the photos, because I feel like I’m getting crazy over-excited right now, but I will say that I’ve seen teasers and they’re incredible! I tweeted one last night if you’re interested…
02. I may be fresh off the plane from Tulum (photos a-coming), but I’m off on another warm getaway over Easter with the gals. I haven’t had a girls trip in so, so long so it’s going to be so much fun.
I’m excited to plan outfits and get some cute photos and drink a few cocktails!
03. Tiny Tim is settling in well, we just love having him around! The first few weeks were quite hard trying to get the cats used to each other and sort out his diet and things – a few trips to the vet happened, and then we went away, but it’s all good now.
He’s quite different from Mouse – she’s such a lovely girl cat, and he’s so energetic but also very snuggly too. He’s obsessed with food, and he growls when he eats, whereas Mouse isn’t overly bothered unless Dreamies are involved!
I’ve filmed an update video for my channel so I’ll work on getting that live later today.
04. This is the month where I get all my home odds and ends tied up! My office was an absolutely nightmare a few weeks ago, but now it’s looking a whole better, and I’ve given the bedroom a massive overhaul too.
One of the worst things about doing what I do is accumulating so much stuff and never knowing what to do with it all. Especially when so much of it is lovely, but you know you don’t need a million lipsticks or whatever. I feel like I’m constantly filling up bags to give away, and it’s incredibly time-consuming!
Anyway, I think I’ll do another apartment tour on youtube once my current upload reaches a million views! I’m not far away…
05. I’ve been stuck in such a massive rut lately that I’ve barely uploaded to my blog or my YouTube. I guess I’ve been feeling a little bored and a little uninspired by my content, and I’m hoping to turn this around.
I think I need to strip it back and so simpler posts more regularly, and more weekly vlogs and lifestyle videos on YouTube.
I’m going to make a promise to myself to really work on getting my blog back on top form this month!
So, quite a lot going on for me right now! What’s new with you lot?