I seem to work in cycles with our home; I’ll do a big block of DIY, and then get so sick of living on a construction site that I need to take six months off from any sort of renovation! Aaaaand then I get the itch again.
It’s been a while since we finished the kitchen, and we’ve only done odd jobs in the meantime. I’m now feeling ready to start something again, especially now as it’s more cosmetic changes that need to happen – which is the fun bit!
01. Number one on my list? Say goodbye to the white floorboards. I know, I know – but I did say they weren’t forever, so you can’t be upset at me!
I do love my white floorboards, especially in the bedroom as I think it does make the room look so serene, but they also make the space look quite cold… not to mention how much effort they take to clean.
As much as I’ve loved them, they’ve run their course now after two and a half years and I’m ready to try something else… which brings me to my next point!
02. Chevron flooring. I’ve really, really tried to give up on the idea of chevron flooring, but it haunts my dreams! I’m entirely obsessed, and I think if I’m still not over them after years of wishing, then I simply must get them in my home.
I’m going to replace the white floorboards with oak chevron flooring, meaning that the bedroom and office will have a more natural but Parisian look!
I want the finish of the flooring to match the rest of the house, so hopefully we can get them quite similar.
03. An office update. I’m really over the very white, clinical look in my office and so I can’t wait to have wooden floors. I want a more Parisian style in here – white walls, but lots of sheepskin throws, black furniture and brass detailing. Something about this room really appeals to me!
I’ve never been truly happy with this room so I’m excited to see what I can do with it once the floors are changed.
04. A dining area rethink. So this isn’t really news, as I’ve said I wanted to change our window seat dining area since we got the kitchen done. I’m not sure I’ll ever find a small table that suits the space, but I’ve fallen in love with these Oliver Bonas rattan chairs – the grey and green hues are just perfect for brightening up our window seat. I’m loving rattan right now!
05. Time for a new bed. We still have the old IKEA Leirvik bed from years ago, and I’ve always known I wanted something else… but I just haven’t found anything that works!
Ideally I’d have a gorgeous rattan headboard and a simple bed to go with it, like the beauty Urban Lulu headboard above. I must look at this daily, but sadly it’s not available in the UK so I’m not sure I’ll ever own it.
It’s the only headboard I’d ever really swap my current bed for, so maybe I’ll be stuck with the IKEA number forever!
Hopefully we’ll start seeing some changes around here, as I just loving it when my ideas come to life!
What do you think of my plans?