A fresh start 2.0!
Is it just me or does February feel like a bit of a do-over too? Like a second chance at that fresh start January feeling. I’m definitely embracing much of that same New Year ethos and channeling it in to all areas of my life – this month I want to work harder, look after myself better and make a proper start on some of my goals for the year!
Here’s more of what I’m getting up to this month…
01. We’re off on our first trip in a while! It’s been ages since Jord and I had a trip away, I think the last one was Jamaica in September! I’m a typical Sagittarius, I get restless being at home too long so I always like to fill up my diary with trips away – anything to escape this horrible Scottish weather.
One day last month we sat down and planned out our trips for the coming months so we have one a month, and this month we’re off to Marrakech! It’s my first time there but believe me when I say I’ve been hoping to go FOREVER. The weather is looking beautiful, we have a good balance of activities, work and rest planned out and I can’t wait to explore.
02. More renovation progress. Now I’ve had a few months at home I’ve managed to get ahead with flat planning, I’ve got a timeline on the go and it’s starting to take shape. I want to share some progress and moodboards with you so I’ll work on that as I go, but for now it’s a bit of a building site.
On the list for February is; finish the panelling and painting (done!), have the radiators fitted (happening end of this week) and I want to have a site visit for the bathroom renovation so I can finish planning and then buy everything we need (hopefully end of next week). I also need to buy new light fittings and get the ceiling roses put up too – all in the coming weeks! Fingers crossed we stay on track.
03. I didn’t really give a Dry January update in the end, but oddly I really enjoyed it. It was fun to test myself like that, it gave me such a refreshing outlook on drinking! I used to be one of those people who would have a glass of wine at every social occasion – every gig, birthday dinner and night out – but now I’m feeling like I don’t need to anymore. Scotland is pretty big on drinking so it’s quite common for all of my friends to have a beer or a wine if we meet for dinner, and you never want to be the only one not drinking do you?
Now I know I can do it, I’m feeling pretty triumphant. I haven’t really been bothered about having my usual weekend wine since January ended, and although I know I’ll still have the occasional drink I feel differently (better) about alcohol in general. So yes, more of that this month!
04. A slow declutter. As we get ready to move at some point this year, I’ve slowly been tackling the clutter that has built up while we’ve been living here. Oddly, it’s not even clothes that are the problem – I truly hate clothes shopping so I never feel like my wardrobe is out of control. It’s everything else!
All the press parcels that come my way, random DIY bits we might need one day, photo props, decorative accessories and even storage solutions seem to be my downfall. It’s the bigger items I can never be bothered taking to the charity shop (seriously, how do I even get rid of half this stuff? Will the charity shop even take it??? WHO KNOWS)
Anyway, I’m pretty ruthless so probably by the time we move we’ll have a box of stuff between us.
05. An exciting work month! I have some really great campaigns to work on this month, I always feel like the start of the year is so slow for work so I sort of mentally prepare myself to take January off and I’m always glad when February picks up.
I feel so incredibly lucky to get to work with my favourite brands – there’s a lot of bumf that comes our way in this job (teeth whitening brands, tummy teas and all the rest) and sometimes there can be a bit of an internal moral battle when it comes to turning down these (often surprisingly well paid!) jobs to keep it real. So please know that every brand and product I chose to promote is something I absolutely adore, and it means so much when you guys engage with my content – sponsored and otherwise.
I work really hard to be authentic and trustworthy so I hope you guys feel that way about everything I upload!
So not a bad few weeks ahead of me! I do have a seriously nasty cold at the moment but I’m hoping Lemsip, a hot bath and a big comforting dinner will sort me out…
What’s on the cards for you this month?