Saturday morning thoughts…
It seemed like a good time to write up an easy weekend post this morning. I love Saturdays so much, they’re always my day for a bit of self-care! Right now I’m sitting on the sofa with the window open, watching music videos and burning my favourite candle. Later I’m going to get through my housework, put on a face mask and maybe even fit in an hour at the gym… fingers crossed!
Here’s what’s new with me at the moment…
01. This week was my first week back at work and I feel really good for being back to my routines. This has been such an odd year for me, I went from filming the show for two months in summer, then I thought we’d have a bit of a break by going to Jamaica… which ended with a long trip to New Zealand so I’ve pretty much been away solidly since August. I had basically forgotten what it was like to sit at my desk and actually work!
Anyway, I have some exciting things in the pipeline to ease me in – a couple of trips away, a few campaigns with some of my favourite brands and lots of beautiful Christmas content to work on too. It feels good to be busy!
02. I took these photos yesterday but I didn’t really have any words to go with them, but I just love a post full of positivity so this feels fitting! I always have to remind myself that not every post has to be perfectly curated or super polished. Some times I just want to write what I feel and share a picture of my shoes. I’m going to do more posts like this, I love it when my blog feels personalised and homegrown.
03. Now we have our big beautiful wardrobes in place (I will give you a tour once I’ve organised them a little more), I’ve been better at putting together outfits and have also created quite a good capsule wardrobe, if you will. I don’t have a crazy amount of clothes, but I do still want to be better at buying items that I’ll wear for years – I think it has taken me a while to find my style so it helps that I know now what I’ll love in the long-term too.
I updated my lust list page here if you’d like to browse, and of course we just have to talk about these beautiful shoes! Ochre velvet with an ankle strap… oh the dream! If you fancy treating yourself, I’d recommend sizing down.
04. I always do a week of gift guides at the end of November, you can see previous years efforts here. I love doing them, they feel so festive and I know a lot of you find them so handy (even for your own pressies) but they really do take a lot of prep! I have to think about what should go in to each, create the shopping lists through an App and then source the items… then I have to create the flatlays and shoot them all – not easy in winter in Scotland!
I’m going to try and streamline them a bit this year because I don’t have as much time, but I’m excited to see them all come together.
05. I went to the new flat this week to see how it’s getting on and most of the rooms are starting to take shape. I was hoping to get the kitchen started next month and then I’d do the bathroom later, but as our builders aren’t available until April I thought I’d get them both done then.
Between now and April we can finish the rest of the rooms – once the plastering is finished, we’ll have the rooms painted, get radiators fitted, build in wardrobes/shelving and then have a think about flooring. Finally we might be making progress with the place, I can’t wait to show you once we’ve got a bit more done!
I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! What good things have you got going on at the moment!?