It’s been a very long time since I hit you with a little positive roundup! I used to do these posts all the time, a sort-of update on what’s making me very happy right now. I always find that when you make a point of acknowledging what’s making you feel gratitude, you feel even better in turn – it’s good to make a note of the things that make you feel good, basically!
01. After almost two months of travelling and shooting series two of Scotland’s Home Of The Year, we finally wrapped last week! I was feeling a bit out of sorts for the first few days but I’m starting to feel a bit more like my old self again! I’ve said before that filming the show really takes over and I feel like I’m living a double life at times, which makes getting back to my usual routines quite tough. Jordan says I get post-tour blues, so it’s all very dramatic round here!
I’m sitting at my desk writing this post and I can feel myself slipping back in to my usual daily routines, so all is not lost. I’ve got blog posts lined up, I have goals in place for the rest of the year and I’m starting to pick up on plans for the new flat too. Although, I’m just about to pop off on holiday so that will be me back to square one in a week or so – yikes!
02. Okay, okay. I’m embarrassingly late to the party here but I finally watched Fleabag last weekend and oh my god, what a show!?!?! Sometimes when things like this get a bit hyped up, I tend to avoid them because I feel like they’ll just disappoint – but Fleabag really is everything and more. I truly laughed out loud watching, and Phoebe Waller-Bridge is the women of the moment. I adore her, it’s just all so well done.
Maybe not one to watch with the parents, but definitely something to binge-watch on a rainy weekend with a glass of wine! I’m thinking of having a Fleabag screening party with my besties where we all cry-laugh together now I’ve seen the whole thing. IT’S SO GOOD.
03. I’ve mentioned this band a few times on Instagram but I feel a very real need to share them here too. For the last two months I’ve been obsessed with a band called The Band Camino, I truly don’t think there’s been a day since I discovered them that I haven’t listened to them. When we were travelling a lot to film SHOTY, I would put my Airpods in and listen to them for hours, they’re the perfect pick.
04. I’m feeling a bit in limbo at the moment (and all moments…) because there’s so much that needs to be done to the new flat (all the boring stuff!) but I’m also working on our current flat at the same time! I just love to have my fingers in all the pies it seems.
There’s definitely worse problems to have, but I still don’t know whether we’ll want to move in to the new flat – maybe I should have just kept it as a project to do up and sell/rent!
Anyway, I love having projects on the go and I’m always chipping away at little bits and bobs all at once, which is just the way I work. Working on the current flat feels more rewarding right now because it’s mostly cosmetic changes like painting and working in some new furniture, whereas the new flat needs a lot of attention and work which only tradesmen can do! It’s good to keep moving forward with both, I think.
05. I recently read Three Women by Lisa Taddeo and I’m still thinking about it regularly weeks later! It’s such a powerful read, I wanted to race through it but I felt like I should savour it and give it the attention it deserves.
It’s hard to explain how it made me feel, the author was able to describe my own feelings better than I ever could. I really connected to the words, the stories… I felt the characters had so much substance, and she really told their stories in a way that made me feel for them.
I would say, as a trigger warning, the book explores sensitive topics such as sexual assault and eating disorders, and it’s quite erotic at times, but very much a book to read if you’re ready for it.
So there we have it, five things that are making me feel ready to take on the world right about now! I’d love to read what’s making you happy right now, let me know in the comments…