Keeping up with… Kate!
I’ve been thinking about reviving my ‘5 Things’ posts for some time, I’ve been wondering if I’m injecting another life in to my blog – I feel like it’s the norm to keep things secret online, to leave you all guessing and wondering where I’m off to next, what big plans I’ve got in the pipelines, whether we’ve released Tiny Tim in to the wild yet… and somewhere along the line I kind of stopped keeping you up to date!
So here’s an update! I don’t think my life is interesting enough to keep these going all the time, but these sort of mundane, ‘tying up loose ends’ type posts are some of my favourites from other bloggers – so here goes…
01. I had to take an unexpected break from blogging due to some technical issues that probably won’t be resolved any time soon! The thing about working for yourself is that whenever something goes wrong, it’s up to you to fix it – and working with technology is such a ball ache! WHY can’t everything just go my way?
I decided I’m just going to blog away despite my posts not sending to Bloglovin’ (where I have a casual 199k followers, so you can imagine it’s a bit of a hit to the ol’ traffic…), and hope you all follow me on other platforms too. I’ve been thinking I need to be better at replying to comments on here too!
02. I’ve got a few weeks of travelling ahead of me so I’ve been trying to get through everything while I can! I’ve really only got a few days at home here and there over the next few weeks, so I’m going to have to be better at working on the go. Wish. me. luck.
I absolutely must commit to vlogging my weeks, but I feel like I have to pick between vlogging and blogging when I’m away – I can do Instagram easily, but I find both filming and shooting (and y’know, functioning as a human too) is too much work! I have a post coming on this actually so stay tuned for that – and anyway, I’m off to New York next week so I’m sure that’ll bring a few chances to get some pretty photos and a fun vlog!
03. I’m reading a book called The Wildflowers at the moment and I literally cannot do anything else. It’s a long read and it’s taken me a while to get through, but it’s so gripping… I’ve had such a lazy few evenings (and even turned down an invitation out because it was getting to a good bit, please someone have a word with me) because of this story!!!
Has anyone else read it? We must discuss.
04. You may remember that one of my goals for this year was to get in to scrapbooking and creating photo albums, which sounds like a light, enjoyable task right? Wrong. I got caught up in it, you guys. It’s tough out there, a minefield of different albums, photo finishes… hell, some of the ideas on Pinterest wouldn’t look out of place in the Louvre.
I started by downloading the Snapfish App on the train to Edinburgh for New Year, and Jordan and I were having fun picking out photos and selecting our favourites, but it’s something I’ve had to work at. It’s required me to be way more organised than I actually am.
There’s also the issue of Instagram/phone images… my posed outfit snaps and edited selfies probably don’t work in an album, right?! Oh, who knows. I’ll keep you posted if it doesn’t end me first.
05. After almost 11 months of marriage, Jordan and I started the Bali honeymoon prep recently. You can file this under “more effort than you expect” too, by the way. I feel like a honeymoon should be extra special, not just your average trip… so I’ve been doing more planning than I usually would.
My favourite trip was to Tulum in March last year, we spent every evening getting margaritas from the bar and sitting in our hammock next to our cabana on the beach while we sang (really, really badly) over the top of Hotel California until we knew every guitar solo. I basically want that all over again, so as long as I find a villa with a private pool and access to margs, I’ll be a happy gal (see, doesn’t take much..!) *Jim face to camera*
So tell me, have you missed me?? What’s going on with you all this week?