I’m writing this post and looking down at my calendar and feeling a little foolish, because let’s face it, we’re about halfway through the month already!
Before we all break in to a sweat at how quickly this year is going, let’s focus on what I hope to achieve this month… it’s riveting stuff, people.
01. Unpack and unwind! After three weeks away, too much good food, some serious jetlag (am I on New Zealand time or LA time??) and a cute little stomach bug, I’m not feeling so hot right now. Also, being away from the gym for so long has really done a number on me and I feel awfully squishy…
I love coming home and feeling excited to get back in to my normal day to day, it sounds lame but it really is quite refreshing. Although, we’ll see how I feel when I’m an hour in to my inbox!
This month I’m going to actually write up a proper to-do list, not just the mundane tasks, but the bigger projects too. Now there’s an excuse to buy new stationery if ever I heard one…
02. Come up with a blog plan. I know a lot of bloggers will feel me on this next point; I’m overwhelmed by all the platforms! Every time I go away, I spread myself so thin. Do I blog and vlog and Instagram and Instagram story (as well as all the usual replying to everything and keeping on top of emails), or just go a bit easier on myself? Who knows. I feel like I’ll never know… *clones self*
I really want to create a set plan for what I post where. My YouTube channel is just going to be weekly life update vlogs from home, with the occasional edited video and sponsored upload.
My Instagram is to be less polished, and more of an accurate representation of my everyday, with Stories being just the little extra bits… the clearance bin of Instagram, if you will.
I might do a full post on this because it’s something I find so tough, and hopefully other bloggers might find it helpful too!
03. Read more books. Yesterday I did a crazy book order because I feel like I’ve become so slack with my reading (I 100% blame Reddit for that!). Most of the order were fun, picture-filled coffee table reads, but there’s a few novels and non-fiction works in there too. I’m sure there’ll be a blog post coming your way asap!
Now I just need a beach holiday so I can read them all… just kidding, I am SO done with travelling for a while!
04. Go on a tile and print hunt. I’m in the mood to make a few home changes this month, and the two updates on my list are new kitchen tiles, and more prints!
I think I’ve settled on some kind of hexagon or tiny circle white tile/dark grout thang for the kitchen floors, so hopefully we’ll get that sorted soon because our wooden floors really haven’t weathered well!
As for the prints, I feel like our white walls are looking a bit bare. I want a simple gallery wall in my office, and a few other prints and artwork dotted around everywhere else. Time to get shopping…
05. Look after myself. I’ve been feeling a little down and homesick lately, spurred on by leaving my family in New Zealand. I don’t often talk about hard it can be living so far away from my parents, but it’s something I struggle with quite a lot.
I tend to shut myself away when I feel like this, but I should probably be a little more open with my nearest and dearest about how I’m feeling, so that’s a little somethin’ to work on.
I think the next few weeks are for distractions and keeping busy!
Hopefully the rest of this month won’t be too full on, I do like an easy life!
What have you guys got planned this month?