Five Good Things.
The weekend is finally here, which means I’m in an AWESOME mood, so I thought I’d round up a few highlights from the past seven days…
01. Things took a TERRIBLE turn this week when I dropped my poor phone down the loo! I still can’t believe it, I’ve always been so good at looking after my belongings, and it’s been a right hassle to sort it out!
I’ve been with o2 for twelve years (since I was 13!) and I’ve always had the same number, occasionally upgrading my phone when I need to. As I got the contract when I was underage, my dad set it up so the account is in his name, and I paid the bills – I can do most things online. What a hassle it’s been to try and cancel – although yes, I should have changed the name over when I turned 18, but efforttttt.
I have to pay a large fee because I’m still in my contract, and my dad doesn’t live in the UK (currently sailing the world, so very little access to phone, email etc.) and so I’ve had to break a few laws to try and get out of my contract and pay the money! I mean, I could have technically saved myself a fat wad of cash and just stopped paying the direct debits, since my dad won’t ever live in the UK again… but I’m too honest to do anything of the sort! Not all heroes wear capes.
Anyway, a few fibs and it’s sorted – and soon I’ll be with Three and won’t have to pay for 3G abroad. The dream! Especially after New York, as o2 were charging me £50 a day to even glance at Google Maps. Grr!
02. I’m feeling a bit restless and weird at the moment, so I’m trying to manage my time better and feel a bit more inspired. I feel like I spend way too much time putting things off, and making excuses for all the big posts and videos I have planned.
I think I’ll cut myself some slack, take a few days off and come back feeling super refreshed. I’ve tried my hand at filming again this week and it’s been fun, so I think I’ll make more of an effort with that!
03. We’re off to Brighton on Monday, good old Brighton! I’ve only been to Brighton maybe five times, so I’m excited to do some proper exploring. I bought tickets to see Jordan’s favourite bands, mewithoutYou, the band that actually got us talking around six years ago, so it’s quite cute that we’ll be seeing them together.
I think we’ll spend the rest of the time exploring, as Brighton is one of those awesome places that has hidden gems all over the place. Way too excited!
04. We started watching Jessica Jones last night, it’s been months since we started a series (unless repeats of The Office count) and I’m already hooked. I’ve been obsessed with Krysten Ritter since the Breaking Bad days, and I literally cannot stop staring at her throughout. It doesn’t help that Jordan’s twin David Tennant also stars.
Such a gripping storyline, and Jess is just so badass.
05. I really fancy going to a European festival this summer – we bought tickets for Primavera Sound in Barcelona back when they were cheap, but I blaaaddy hate the lineup! I feel like we might sell them, as I’m not a fan of anyone playing and Jordan only wants to see Radiohead. I spied a festival in Lisbon called NOS Alive which looks great – Pixies, M83, Foals and Arcade Fire are on the lineup so far. Anyone been, or can recommend any other rock/alt festivals? Baby needs some sun and sounds!
What’s going down with you lot this week?