Five Good Things.
I thought a new year should mean some small changes around here, and it was time to rejig my ‘5 Things’ post – I wanted to something more solid; sort of a fun roundup of what I’ve been up to, what I’m loving and all that.
And so, Five Good things was born. I’ve been thinking about doing this for a while and with the new year, it seemed to make sense!
01. We arrived home for New York yesterday morning and we are JET LAGGED TO THE MAX. Nothing could wake me up this morning, I was comatose. Now I’m up though, I have a lot of life admin to do. We still have to take down the tree (I cry), I need to crack on with blog photos and I also need to do several loads of washing. Exciting.
02. I started my second month of roaccutane yesterday, and I was thinking about doing a little ‘end of month’ type post with some thoughts and feelings. I didn’t take a photo of my skin before I started, just because it was hideous and no one wants to see that, but I’d like to sum up the process I guess. Interested?
So far, it’s been good – it got worse before it got better, and I still have a lot of bad scarring, but I can definitely see that my skin is clearer already!
03. I don’t have many travel plans for now, and to be honest I’m quite relieved – two back to back trips has really taken it out of me! I think I’ll keep this month for organising myself and also working on finishing the flat. I want to redo my office and maybe pick out some nice furniture for the rest of the house. Excitement!
04. I need to give a special mention to the Tatcha Dewy Skin Mist, a product I stumbled upon in Sephora and had to have! I hadn’t actually heard of this before I bought it, but a quick Google told me it’s got quite a following. I can see why, this mist is like a very fine, silky oil/serum that instantly transforms skin. A must for super-dry complexions, like mine!
05. I know you guys will be expecting a mammoth New York post, so I’m going to work on compiling the ultimate New York city guide! I’ve been twice now, and both trips have packed in SO much, so it’s a going to be a great guide for anyone who is new to the city.
I’ll have it up this month, so hold tight!
What have you guys been loving this month?