Five Good Things.
We are now halfway through January, the very worst month of the year, and I’m feeling good! This hasn’t been too bad of a start to the year at all, apart from the endless yearning for afternoons in my PJs drinking cocktails…
01. I got my West Elm dressing table of my dreams this week, and I am OVERJOYED. I got the Mid Century Mini Desk in the mint green in the end, deciding the black version wasn’t for me. I made the right choice – the colour is beautiful, so fresh against the white walls and floors!
I just need to get a mirror and then you can expect a makeup collection video + post! Whoooo’s excited?
02. Last night we went to see Room, a film I’ve wanted to see for so long now! I’ve been eagerly awaiting its release, which was yesterday, so we went during the day! Who goes to the cinema during the day?! Me. When I’m excited to see a film.
I’m the biggest Brie Larson fan, and she was just incredible! I have to say, I think the film may be better than the book. There’s a scene where they play This Will Destroy You, and it’s just so… intense. Unbelievable. A must see.
03. I’ve been a little tender from my personal training sessions lately, but I think I’m starting to feel like I’m getting somewhere in terms of pain! I’m actually starting to enjoy it – it really freakin’ hurts, but it feels amazing afterwards knowing that it’s done. I might do a little blog post on my experience if anyone is interested!
I’ve never really been in to fitness as I’m just not motivated enough, or I don’t feel confident enough to just walk in to the gym. Having a trainer has been so good, as I have to go for sessions, and I actually put effort in to working out while I’m there… instead of that boring twenty minute run I used to do!
04. This week I’ve been nesting! I am so happy just pottering around in my house, tidying bits and bobs, and rearranging the decor. Is anyone else like this? I feel so content when my house looks nice! Maybe it’s a January thing.
I bought loads of frames for prints that I have to put up, so I think we might do some sort of gallery wall type thing today. Head over to Instagram to see most of my home updates as they happen.
05. I’m off to a Yoga workshop today, which should be good fun, and then I’m going to spend the rest of the weekend sorting out my life. I need to organise the flat a little more, get rid of some furniture and plan some blog posts for next month. I like an occasional weekend in – January was made for resting up!
What’s new with you lot?!